Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sittin' in trains, crusin' the town, and livin' life

I hadn’t been on a date in seven or eight months so I was completely out of practice before I headed off on my adventure to meet a sweet boy named Trevor.

I arrived at the bowling alley where we were supposed to meet fifteen minutes early. I guess I was just so darn excited! After thinking he was going to stand me up, he arrived and got the chance to see my old car. I’m surprised he still wanted to hang with a girl who drives a muddy ol’ grandma car. Ha!

After hopping into his car, we headed down to Gambino’s. I was totally checking out the back and watching them cut pizza since I’m a pro at that stuff now! Not….We ordered a Canadian bacon pizza and it was pretty darn delicious. I guess I’m not completely sick of pizza yet!

Then we ventured back to the bowling alley. We played three games altogether. I bet him by a little the first game, then he doubled my score the second, and finally I bet him in the last game. For the last game our goal was originally to try and get to a score of 300, our scores combined. About halfway through, we decided that there was no way that either of us could bowl a 150 so we changed our goal to 250. Turns out we only bowled a 215 altogether!

After bowling, Trevor decided that we should go get ice cream. So we headed to Braum’s and got some of that delicious stuff and ate in the car while driving around some more. We eventually ended up at a park and sitting in the train eating ice cream. After eating, we checked out the tennis court and I showed him how strong I was by not being able to do a single chin up. I rock.

We drove around, a lot on this date, getting lost at few times. Good stuff indeed. Of course, when there is nothing better to do, people always end up at Wal-Mart, so that’s exactly where we went. Trevor decided that we would start at the very end of the food aisles and make our way through every single one. So we ventured down those aisles, pointing out what we did and didn’t like and also what sort of stuff we used in our house. I even got to show him my favorite “aisle”, the cake aisle.

I learned that Trevor and I have a lot of differences. We came to the conclusion that every type of food that he liked, I didn’t. There was even one point where he said something like:
“Oh! I have an idea but you’re going to hate it because I’m going to love it!”
Other things I learned:
1.) I am even more horrible at throwing and catching a football than I thought I was.
2.) I do not know many songs. I think out of all the songs that he picked out that night to listen to, I probably knew only four or five.
3.) You can order tubs of ketchup at Sonic.
4.) I still get nervous for first dates.
5.) I've gotten worse at bowling.

All in all it was a good night. We did a ton of stuff and it was nice to hang out with someone who shares the same morals and values as I do. : ) We laughed and joked about booze crusin’ and such because we’re both not into that kind of stuff, which is a major plus. I even got to meet his mom on the first date!

Oh and I totally forgot to take a picture of the two of us. I am very ashamed of myself for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment