Thursday, February 25, 2010

Tomorrow's another day

I went to our high school basketball game today so excited to watch the boys play and get to substate. Our guys were really good this year and have so much heart, drive, and dedication so I knew they'd be able to pull it off.

The game started off great and at one time we had a 10-point lead. However, it soon got close and stayed close throughout the entire game. At the last second, one of my good friends threw up a shot and it barely made it in. That bucket was the bucket that caused the game to go into overtime, 41-41.
Overtime started off rough with the opposing team scoring three points right off the bat. It went back and forth for a while and at one point I think they were up by six points with two minutes or so left in the game. I really thought it would be over now. However, our boys stepped up and shot threes. Boys that I didn't think could shoot threes, made them! It really seemed like God was on our side.

We fouled a lot causing the same guy to shoot over and over again. Of course, he always made it. Soon, with eight seconds left, the score was 54-55, not us. We fouled causing the guy to shoot once again. However, this time, he missed not one, but both of his freethrows. We still had a chance! With eight seconds left, the boys flew down the court. With just one second left on the buzzer, a guy shoots the ball and scores as the buzzer goes off.

Our crowd went absolutely wild. I looked down at the court and saw all the boys' faces light up. They were sooooo happy to have won and ready to celebrate. Soon after, the mood changed. The refs decided not to count the winning bucket leaving us 54-55, losing the game.

It was the most heartbreaking game I think I have ever watched in my life. My friend, he lives for basketball. To see them lose and see his face, crushed me. It was a hard lose, harder than anyone could imagine.

All I have to say is it was a fantastic game and they played their hearts out. They're all still winners to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment