Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"Yeah, we laugh way too hard and act too immature but I wouldn't have it any other way."

Everyone girls needs a good guy friend. I am here to tell you about mine. First of all his name is Andrew and he is one of the coolest people I know. Andrew and I go waaaay back. I'm talking like way back to the awkward stages of life. I've known him since kindergarten. My early childhood memories of Andrew include him being scared of girls and thinking they all had cooties up until like fifth grade. My oh my how the times have changed! He also was always into weather and science. I'm pretty sure he won science fairs! Haha. Andrew used to live on my block in my old neighborhood and we would hang out every so often. He was part of my group that included two other guys and two other girls. Our parents were all close friends and active members of our elementary school.

However, in sixth grade I had to move two hours away from all of my friends including Andrew. However, we all found ways to stay in touch. I think one time I came up for a homecoming and got to go to a dance with my ol' buddy Andrew. He had three dates that year including me and my two good friends.
I also would come visit during Christmas breaks and during the summers to spend a couple days with my friends. However, it wasn't until last summer that Andrew and I became closer and better friends.

I've gotten to know a whole new side of him that I never knew growing up. I mean, he had always been there, but he hadn't BEEN there. It's kind of confusing I guess unless you're in our situation.

Andrew is always there when I need him. I know I can go to him if I have a problem. He's had to listen to me whine about stupid boys. He's even had to help motivate me to get off my lazy butt and apply for jobs. Sometimes, I think he believes in me more than I believe in myself. I don't think I could ever thank him enough!

Andrew is a great person all around. He is a great friend and would do almost anything for the people he cares about. He's also absolutely hilarious. We have so many inside jokes and funny things that we talk about. Oh, and he's actually one of those people that I have no problem carrying a conversation with, whether it's on msn, in person, or on the phone (and we all know how much of a phone talker I am!) We just recently decided to have a competition. We're both always using the tongue:P face and we wanted to see how long we could go without using it. So we decided to keep a tally of how many times we used it on msn and such to see who would cave first. He ended up winning. I think the score was like...11-5 or something.

He is extrememly smart and I know he can do anything he sets his mind to. He's involved in so many activities but still has time for the ones he cares about. Also, he's soooo sweet. He's offered to drive me several times to see my friends that live four hours away. We just recently made a list of silly things we want to accomplish in the fall if we attend college together. Things such as: go to the rollerskate rink, go storm spotting, visit far away friends, go to a dance or two, cook dinner, go mini golfing, etc.

Andrew is just someone that I know I can count and I hope he is always in my life.

Haha, I couldn't find anything to blog about tonight so I just asked him and he replied, "Write about me!" So there you are Andrew!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I am sooo happy right now :D I can't even express in words how happy I am to see this :) Thank you kiddo :)

    ReplyDelete