Monday, January 18, 2010

Catching up

As the weekend came, I figured it'd be quite a boring one. I was pleasantly surprised. On Saturday, Mom, James, and I went to help my stepsister Lesly move some of her stuff into her new house. That was pretty exciting I suppose. I could only carry the smaller stuff and completely skipped out on carrying the couch because I am WEAK. I need to work out those arms. After moving stuff in, we went out to eat at a local Mexican restaurant. It was delicious. I love Mexican. Anyways, Mom and I watched Mak, her son for a half hour or so. Let me tell you, I am a FAILURE with kids. Wow...I wish I was better but I think I'm always going to be horrible with them. I can totally baby talk to cats and stuff but with babies, I just can't do it.

Anyways, came back home around four to Dylan who was being lame on the computer. He soon got into a good mood though and wanted to have a photo shoot. I swear, this kid thinks of new profile picture ideas for Facebook every week. So mom took a ton of pictures of him while I laid on the couch and read Dear John! :)

Soon after I got a call from Christa asking me to spend the night. I arrived to her house around 8 p.m. or so. She showed me her new car and we sat in it for a half hour or so having deep conversations involving prom dates. Haha. Then we came back in and lounged around I believe. Around 11 or so the electricity randomly decided to go out. So Patrick, Christa, and I migrated to her room and laid around. It was hilarious. They actually got along and were cracking up. Loved it. Christa had lots of creepy stories to tell us and I get freaked out by this stuff easily soo...that was exciting! Hmmmm, called Andrew up and turns out I got his roommate instead of him. This low voice answered and I knew right away that that wasn't Andrew so of course, me being immature, starts to crack up. Poor guy, I'm sure I terrified the guy. Anyways, Andrew called me back and I put it on speaker phone. We all enjoyed talking for quite a while. After two hours, the electricity came back on, Patrick left the room, and we told Andrew good night.

We went to church the next day which was pretty exciting. The minister always randomly says hi to me during the service which is kind of embarrassing but I guess it's kind of cool. Haha. After church, we got back to Christa's house and ate lunch, and lounged around some more. Around 3:00 we went up to meet my mom and headed to the mall to find Christa a homecoming dress! Fun times right there. We went to Dillards and she tried on around 10. Most of them were too short and none really had that "wow" factor, so we moved onto Body Central. Sure didn't stay in there very long. Then we headed to DEB. There were a few pretty ones there. Cathy, Christa's mom, was pretty set on a coral colored one but my mom and I could tell that Christa just thought it was ok. I mean, it just wasn't the one. Yes, you have to be a girl to understand what I mean by the RIGHT ONE. Trying on dresses is a stressful situation!

Anyways, we headed to a few more places and finally, our last stop was JCPenneys. Christa grabbed a few short ones and went to try them on. She found a gorgeous short purple that everyone loved it. My mom soon came in with a bunch of random longer dresses which included a ugly blue one, a weird black one, and a pretty purple one. Christa tried on the purple one and it was gorgeous! Definitely...THE ONE! Haha. So that was fun.

Today has been pretty lazy. I've been cleaning and listening to Dylan say some Hamlet speech over and over again with different song melodies. It's kind of getting old. The kid is actually filling out a scholarship right now to avoid finishing his Hamlet project. He hasn't filled out any this year soooo that just shows how much he is sick of ol' Hamlet.

Ohhh!! Dylan and I also made a cinnamon strusel dessert pizza. We found a recipe online and experimented with it. It turned out AMAZING! The only thing wrong with it was that it was a little doughy. Other than that, amazing...

1 comment:

  1. It takes time to get use to kids, kiddo :P Anywho! Roommate was ok with the cracking up haha! He is use to it. Seems like you had a good weekend. Lets hope for another! Anyways! Hope you are doing well :)

    ReplyDelete