Monday, April 12, 2010

Falling and Falling Stars

I swear, I’m getting pretty good at this date stuff. Haha, not really but I’ve been going on quite a few lately. And only with ONE boy too!

Tonight Trevor and I decided that we would go stargazing and that I would see my first shooting star. Yeah, it’s crazy, I have NEVER seen a shooting star. And yes, I do live in the wide open country with the big spacey skies. I have been with friends and looked at the stars. Many times I heard one of them say, “A shooting star! Did you see it?” Of course I replied with an unenthusiastic, “No.” I’m horrible at seeing things I guess. I just always miss them and it’s depressing.

Anyways! We met at our usual spot – the bowling alley. I hopped into his car and we set out on our destination, which was to find a good stargazing spot. It was still light outside so we had plenty of time. Trevor traveled down all sorts of dirt roads but we kept running into civilization somehow. Finally we settled on going to his step dad’s house since he lived in the country.

When we arrived there, his step dad wasn’t home; he was at work. Trevor took me on a tour of his house which was pretty exciting. It was a pretty big house and it was cute! He showed me his old room and even some artwork that he did. I think he did it in high school? Anyways, it was amazing! I remember talking to him over msn in the past and he said he had no artistic abilities. Dang, that boy was being modest because his artwork was actually really, really good. I kind of wanted to frame one of the pictures!

After that adventure, we headed outside to find a spot to lay down our blankets. We settled on a perfect, open spot and plopped down. We sipped our hot chocolate that Trevor made for us. He’s just too darn sweet. It wasn’t long before Trevor’s dog, Shadow attacked us. She was in need of some serious attention. I tried nurturing her but then she bit me so I was done with that dog! After getting sick and tired of her licking his face, Trevor decided to throw her in the house.

Back outside we went. We talked about all sorts of things and I learned new stuff about Trevor. I mainly just listened to him talk because I’m a listener and enjoy hearing what others have to say. We heard scary noises in the trees too which kind of freaked me out. I’m not a good country girl. I’m a big baaaaaby! Some of the time we just sat in silence staring up at the sky. However, there’s a good thing about Trevor. Silence is comfortable with him. You know those people where you feel like you have to talk around them all the time? Like, the silence is just too AWKWARD so you try as hard as you can to keep some sort of conversation going. Well with Trevor, the silence isn't awkward at all.

Around 10:40 p.m., Trevor’s step dad pulled in the driveway after getting home from work. We got up to go and greet him; well, I got up to go meet him. He was sitting down inside when we opened the door and walked in. Trevor introduced us and he kindly shook my hand as he looked me in the eyes and told me it was nice to meet me. It was so heartfelt that I sincerely felt like he really was pleased to meet me!

When Trevor decided it was time to leave, the two embraced. His step dad said something about hugging him and something along the lines of, “I love him. He’s my son.” It was soooo sweet. Then I made some sarcastic remark about me not liking hugs which I don’t think he understood that I was just joking and being dumb. My sense of humor needs to grow up I think. But, he got up and gave me a big hug!

It was a fantastic night! OH! To top it all off, I saw my first shooting star ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment