Thursday, July 21, 2011

Birthday Dress

Every birthday, for as long as I can remember, my mom would put a wrapped present under my pillow. She would sneak down either late the night before my birthday or early the next morning, just so she wouldn't wake me. I would wake up and feel the wrapping paper from under my pillow and the anticipation was so built up.

Usually the gift would contain a new shirt or dress, which I would put on to show my mom. I would end up wearing the outfit for the whole day.

Well this year, I am not living with my mom. For the first time ever, I will not wake up to a present beneath my pillow. Luckily, she, Cathy, and Christa are traveling two hours to spend a few hours with me on my birthday.

Every girl wants to feel special, especially on her birthday. She wants to find that perfect birthday outfit that makes her feel beautiful. Usually my mom would supply that. Well, this year, I went out and treated myself to my own birthday dress to wear on the special day.



Every girl has the right to splurge for herself, right?

1 comment: