Sunday, August 15, 2010

It's so sad to say good bye but think how sad it'd be if you'd never said hello



I can seriously say that I love this boy. No, not in a romantic way, but as in very good friends.



He’s the one guy who knows exactly how to get under my skin and irritate me to no end. I’ve had to deal with him making fun of my feet and giving me crap for eating food all the time. Yet he’s also the one who knows just what to say to make me laugh. I mean, c’mon, at one time his nickname for me was Nuts.

I thought it'd be appropriate to add a candid shot of us. This is a normal picture of us - him saying something rude to me. I look completely disgusted while he's just being his normal joking self.



I’ve known him since he was in fourth grade. I still remember him and Dylan tying Christa and I up in their backyard. I even knew this boy when his voice was still high and he was eight or more inches shorter than me!

Over the years we've become closer and closer. We’ve camped, visited Chicago, rode the combine, hung out at the house, and even went to prom together one year.







Patrick is one who has been there for me. Whether it was on Facebook chat to listen to me whine about my “problems” or just knowing that I could count on him to say something funny to put me in a better mood. He’s one of the people that I was able to share exciting news with or vent to. He’d usually be honest with me and just tell me how it was.



This is also a boy who I can actually stand talking to on the phone with for two hours. I hate talking on the phone so that definitely says something about him.



I didn’t know how much this boy and his friendship meant to me until I had to actually say good bye yesterday. As most of you know, I’m not the type of girl to cry. But after we said our goodbyes, I got pretty teary and cried for most of the ride home. I absolutely hate having to leave people. I know it’s not permanent but I probably won’t see him for six months or so. And after spending so many times together, it’s just hard. By Christmas who knows how much will have changed. Who knows if we will have kept in touch. We’re going separate ways and everything will be completely different.



I really can’t think about it too much or I get teary-eyed. It’s all starting to set in though. I’m not going to be able to just travel ten miles to see his smiling face anymore.



I know that goodbyes have to take place in order for life to go on, but gosh, why do they have to be so hard?

I’m going to miss him. I talked to my step dad this afternoon about how I always feel like I care about people more than they care for me. However, James said, “He may treat you like a sister but that boy would do just about anything for you”.

So Patrick, good luck with everything. I’ll miss you something terrible. Keep in touch over Facebook chat. Heck, maybe I’ll even be up for another two hour phone conversation! HA!



Don’t forget how much I love you!



"Don’t be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends."

No comments:

Post a Comment